Thursday, November 4, 2010

Training, training and more training!

Wow!  We have had sooo much going on with the fundraiser for Farm Sanctuary!

Here I am training... Check out the SUPER COOL shirt!  See, I told you I was running my butt off!  It's going really great though!  Getting my mileage up there and getting really excited about the run in December!

Thank you so much to all of you that have donated and supported myself and Farm Sanctuary.  It has been just amazing and overwhelming!  We are almost half way to our goal of $1000!!!  We still have a month left and we have a couple more events happening that should help us get a little closer to that dollar amount.  I have some really great friends down at the Fire Dept. Headquarters, Christy and Debbie who are showing their support by matching a percentage of all the donations that come from headquarters!  Thank you ladies!  Also, I am putting on a dinner for a women's "Boot Camp" fitness group to raise a few more bucks that should be pretty successful.

In other NATIONAL news... Farm Sanctuary is doing a press release in the next week or two highlighting The Vegan Firefighter and our fundraiser!  As soon as I get word I will post the release here.  Farm Sanctuary is also going to attempt to get some local attention from our news stations here in the Central Valley!  And, a website www.FreeFromHarm.org is doing a piece on athletes that are raising funds and awareness for Farm Sanctuary and a picture of yours truly will be posted on their site!  As soon as that article is up I will post a link so you all can check it out!!!  Thank you again for all of the support and if you know anyone who may be interested in supporting our cause please spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment